Draft Enniskillen Place Shaping Plan launched for consultation
Consultation on the draft Enniskillen Place Shaping Plan has commenced, and Fermanagh and Omagh District Council is encouraging residents, businesses, community and voluntary sector, public sector organisations and young people to have their say. We would ask that you share this information across your networks.
The draft plan outlines the ambition for Enniskillen Town up to 2035 with the aim of a restorative reset to re-establish Enniskillen as a naturally welcoming and beautiful island town linked to the local waterway.
Through collaborative partnerships and targeted investment the plan aims to reposition Enniskillen as a more sustainable, attractive, vibrant town, all of which will contribute to the improved quality of life for all who live, visit or work in the area.
There are six identified themes:
1. Island Town; Reinforcing connections between Enniskillen town centre and the River Erne to restore a sense of island community
2. Destination Town; Capitalising on Enniskillen’s location and celebrating heritage with a focus on sustainable tourism
3. Thriving Town; Creating a more vibrant town centre through fostering a vibrant business environment and encouraging growth in town centre footfall
4. Connected Town; Improving connectivity and accessibility throughout the town, with linkages to surrounding places, and a people first approach
5. Healthy and Inclusive Town; Ensuring Enniskillen is an inclusive town with a prosperous, well educated, and healthy community
6. Opportunity Town; Establishing a pathway for activating the many opportunity sites located in and around the town.
The draft plan details how these will be realised with the proposal of 15 high level actions, which have been identified through the initial consultation process.
The consultation is live until 12 noon on Monday 27 February. There is also an opportunity to participate online by joining one of the scheduled webinars on Monday 6 February, 7-9pm or Saturday 25 February 10am-12noon. To book a space please visit the council website below.
To view the draft plan and take the survey please visit www.fermanaghomagh.com or use the QR code below.