Recruitment: Project Officer: Erne Pilgrimage Trail
Fermanagh and Omagh District Council are recruiting for the position of Project officer for the Erne Pilgrimage Trail.
The postholder will be responsible for the project, Lough Erne Pilgrimage Trail. The project aims to celebrate and make accessible the unique landscape of the Lough Erne region and to share and develop the rich cultural heritage the area. The postholder will be responsible for the projects objectives, develop sites and a trail inspired by the historic pilgrimage route along the Erne system to Lough Derg that can be used as a catalyst to engage visitors, residents, businesses and communities.
The objectives of the project include:
- To enhance physical and/or intellectual access to at least 10 sites associated with the ecclesiastic heritage of the Lough Erne landscape area
- To increase awareness and understanding of the history and heritage of the great island monasteries
- To create visitor experiences and journeys along the trail.
- To increase community engagement and volunteering activities associated with the sites on the trail
- To promote awareness and use of the trail as recreational and cultural tourism destinations.
The project is being delivered by Fermanagh and Omagh District Council in partnership with Lough Erne Landscape Partnership (LELP) with funding from National Lottery Heritage Fund, Waterways Ireland and Department for Communities Historic Environment Division.
For full details of the post click here.